Sunday, November 19, 2006

Insanity or just a different view?

I ahve a question for all you readers out there, what is insanity really? Is it really what everyone seems to say it is or just a different outlook on life? You could say I suffer from insanity, yet if you asked me if I do I would have to tell you I just see the world as it is, is this so wrong for me to do? Is it wrong for me to think all relegions are just power plays to make someone seem almighty? Now before you start saying "oh look another atheist trying to impress his views on people" stop, for I am not trying to do that at all. My question to you if you say thus is if there is a god why would he allow so many to be cast out like me? Because we are sinners? Well people I must tell you the only sin I have commited to your gods is not beliving in them and in the end is that really so bad? Is it really so bad that I think the mass slaughter of the inquisition is so wrong it is a sin in itself? Just because someone does not share your views does not make them a sinner or a heathen, it just makes them different, just like insanity sepreates the few from the many. But is not everyone different, whether that difference be colour creed or even as simple as gender? So why must those labeled who see differently be punished and ridiculed for there views by others. Yes i realise this may seem two faced to those un-observant but I have not said that anyone is wrong for looking for their own answers to life, I actually encourage it and if these answers seem to lie within religion for you I say go for your life trying to find it.

Well I hope I have opened the minds of at least a few of you with this little rant here and hope that a few of you can see between the lines and find solice or even just a slice of meaning from this.

This is the squid with wings signing off yet again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Insanity can be defined as an unsoundness of mind or lack of the ability to understand, that prevents one from having the mental capacity to understand.
This is how it was defined in legal studies this year.
I do not think you are insane... Not by a long shot! You clearly understand what's going on around you and are trying to make sense of it. If anything, your lack of insanity is making you insane! : )
But i love ya just the way you are : )

Unknown said...

I just realised that my definition said the same thing twice... Lol... "lack of the ability to understand" and then "prevents one from having the mental capacity to understand" Lol... WHOOPS

Sebhael said...

There is no such thing as insanity, spoken in a lighter sense. Now people going around murdering people cause of certain eye contact, that's a bit crazy. Otherwise most people have learned to tame their mental angish enough to put it to their own use, cause hey...everyone wants special powers. Such as take myself, I have a massive problem with not trusting people and thinking everyone is out for me. Since I know of this, I use it to my advantage to full evaluate people and choose where I want that relationship to go in the near future. Another well known example, the guy from "A Beautiful Mind" had Schizophrenia and was able to use it to solve extraordinary math equations...So give or take your problem, it can normally be used for good...